Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, December 12, 2005  

Bitter? Who me?

"When I was 15, I went to play the piano for this white guy's Christmas party" in Texas, Jamie Foxx says. But when he and a friend showed up at the client's mansion, the host stopped them, saying, "I can't have two nā€” in my house at one time."

Foxx says he was forced to send his friend home, even though his pal had given him a lift to the party.

The "Ray" star was so rankled by the experience that, once he hit it big in Hollywood, he instituted a similar quota system.

Whenever two white guys came to party at his pad, Foxx tells Oprah Winfrey in December's O, he'd tell them, "You all will have to make a decision between you two."

Foxx adds that his friends "had to counsel me and say, 'Don't fall into that same trap.' "

The Oscar winner later changed his entrance policy ā€” though, he points out, he never set a limit on white women.



It's fun to be racist and try to hurt people who never did a thing to you.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 3:04 PM |

links
archives