Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, July 11, 2005  

Misinformed

A Hollywood Half-Wit, Jessica Alba can't figure how her uncle ended up in Iraq.

Alba told me last year that Stanisci, a father of three and the husband of her dad's sister, signed up for the Army Reserve in California because "he's Northern Italian, and he heard he could get a free trip to Italy."

Instead, like thousands of other men and women on active duty and in the Reserves and National Guard, he got a free trip to a war zone.

"I just don't have a great feeling about what we're doing in Iraq," Alba told me last July. "I don't know why we're there."




Alba's uncle probably was pulling her leg like Bogart in Casablanca.

Man: Why'd you come to Casablanca?

Rick: I came for the waters.

Man: There are no waters in Casablanca. We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.

*****

Alba: Uncle, why did you join the reserves?

Uncle: I'm Italian. I thought I'd get a ticket to visit Italy.

Alba: But you were sent to Iraq.

Uncle: Yeah. I was misinformed.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 4:37 PM |

links
archives