Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, June 06, 2005  

Here's an idea!

Mike Adams reflects on the pleasures of modern air travel.

He concludes:

One more question, stewardess. Flight attendant? Okay, whatever. Could you please double your rates before I fly again next week? I'm sick and tired of "affordable" air travel. There's a reason I didn't take the bus. At least, there used to be a reason.



How about someone starting an airline that charges more, only allows well-behaved children on board, and respectful adults, offers a bit more room between seats in all directions, limits baggage, and makes everyone sign a contract to abide by its rules or pay a fine?

Sounds like a plan. I hate flying for a number of reasons, but primarily because it has become worse than taking a bus used to be. Wouldn't you pay extra for a decent experience? Not first class rates or seats, but comfortable and pleasant travel.

I don't shop at Wal-Mart. Why should I fly Wal-Mart? (Nothing against Wal-Mart as a business, but it's not my idea of happy fun time shopping.)

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:16 PM |

links
archives