Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Friday, May 27, 2005  

Pondering Thoughts

Wine. My wife and I have come to enjoy wine with meals. We generally buy bottles in the $10-15 range, but it occurred to me that the great differences in wine prices don't make a lot of sense.

Here's why: wine is not rare. Grapes are easy to grow, and the very best grapes are not more difficult to grow, process, and age - so why don't more companies make outstanding wine when anyone with some capital can do it?

Why would you make a cheap, ordinary wine when you can make a cheap, great wine? Cheap because if everyone made such wine, it would be commonplace.

I know there has to be a reason why I'm wrong about this, but I'm a-pondering.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:24 PM |

links
archives