Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Thursday, April 21, 2005  

I've grown accustomed to your face

After having John Paul II as pope for more than half my life, I find it very strange to see pictures of the new pope in in his garb. It looks funny and odd. He can't be pope because he's not JP.

We'll all get used to it, of course, but it still seems weird. And I worry that Benedict XVI will not be around for very long and then I'll have to get used to another and another and another. All very strange after awhile when they start coming and going with regularity and relative brevity in office.

JP II got us used to the idea of long term papacies when it's the rarity and not the norm.

But I am glad it's Ratzinger. A very honorable fellow and intellectually sound man.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 10:41 PM |

links
archives