Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, April 16, 2005  

I got me this lawyer friend downtown, just so ya know.

Eureka! Eugene Volokh answered my begging email about being threatened by Stephen Pearcy with a lawsuit for having "tortious interference with a business relationship".

He's taking my case! Ahem, so to speak. He's given me various groups to contact for legal aid, off the cuff advice on the law, and he wants to blog about this along with offering to informally consult with any lawyer I might get.

This is a great relief to me. I'm not so much worried about a lawsuit per se. Everything I know and can reason tells me I'm right in this and that the law says so, but you just never know these days. The cases that Mr. Volokh pointed me towards:

cf. NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware and
Organization for a Better Austin v. Keefe, two Supreme Court cases



These prove without doubt that I should not worry at all unless, of course, Mr. Pearcy decides to sue anyway in which event I will have to defend myself. That costs money I don't want to spend.

What is most pleasing is that Mr. Volokh saw the threat for what it is - a serious matter that has often come up in the courts and can have great consequences. The fact of it is that Mr. Pearcy is trying to intimidate me into shutting up about him and his wife and the company she works for.

I may be small fry but it's kind of a big deal to me.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 11:37 PM |

links
archives