Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Friday, April 08, 2005  

How to fake the Shroud of Turin

I read this at Christianity Today
some weeks ago but Kathy Shaidle mentioned it so I thought it might be of interest to others.

A man finds an ingenously simple way to make the Shroud of Turin and, essentially, destroy all notion of it as a holy relic.

A few years ago I came across a debunking site that attacked the Shroud from the viewpoint that the proportions of the body it represents are inhuman. I realized that it was true and then lost whatever lingering hope I had that the Shroud could have been real.

This new article is the icing on the cake of debunkery, so to speak.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 11:04 AM |

links
archives