Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, March 12, 2005  

Still a sicko

I've been taking antibiotics for six days now and am not much better from the CRUD™ as it's know here. (Last Monday my doctor informed me while looking up my nose that one sinus was filled with "ugly snot." Snot being the medical term for it, he said.)

Besides a general weakness, the worst is when I try to sleep. Although I cough here and there during the day, when I lay down to sleep, coughing climbs to a whole new level of deep hacking which brings up very little fluid, occasionally triggers vomiting due to its violence and the body not being able to decide what it's trying to expell.

That goes on for an hour or so with occasional paroxysms so violent that cause my eyes to water copiously, my sinus to drain copiuously, and my lungs to seem to produce more fluid.

I can't remember a time I've ever been this afflicted by a virus. I've had colds that seemed to linger a week or two longer than they should as far as producing a cough; and I've had strep which can be nasty, but this CRUD™ is a horse of a different color.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 2:53 PM |

links
archives