Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Wednesday, February 23, 2005  

Many are called

It is heartening to see reports of miracles of Christian faith healing going on as this TV story in Cleveland demonstrates.

A team of Cleveland faith healers has achieved an astonishing rate of success in treating thousands of seriously ill people, NewsChannel5's Ted Henry reported.

And numbered among those who claim to have experienced partial or complete healings are a number of doctors, including one of the most famous doctors in Cleveland's history, Dr. Ted Castele, who visited the healers last summer.

"I was kind of afraid of what might happen. And I stood there, and then I felt this strange sensation. I don't know what it was, I can't describe it," said Castele.

Castele was NewsChannel5's medical reporter for 25 years. Last year, he suffered from great physical pain that his own doctors couldn't relieve, until he visited a Cleveland faith healing team.

And then there's oral surgeon Michael Hudec who has seen with his own eyes physical healings initiated by faith.


Not everyone is healed, though. I once attended a healing event at my church and came forward to be healed, but it didn't happen. I didn't really expect it to, but as they say, if you don't ask, you don't get.

It wasn't any doubt on my part that interfered with a miracle, but that I have received so much from God already, and experienced much. God uses miracles to draw people closer to him, to a grateful life, and prayer. Miracles aren't rewards but incentives.

God wants to be known, and does favors for his children so that they might wish to know Him better for their own sake.

Still, it can be very disappointing when God answers someone else's prayer and not yours.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 9:04 AM |

links
archives