Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, September 04, 2004  

Today's Quote:

One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine.

Sir William Osler
(1849 - 1919)

This puts me in mind of all the homeopathy quacks, the vitamin, herbal medicine, and accupuncture (and feng shui nuts) promoters, along with the promisers of miracle cures in Mexico or some disease ridden tropical country.

Let's not forget Linus Pauling and megadoses of vitamin C, or the eight glasses of water a day crowd.

A number of people often advised me to drink more water, but I would point out to them that I drink when I'm thirsty, and I never saw a dog or other animal force themselves to drink an extra gallon of water every day, while they seemed to do just fine. Turns out I was right.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 2:27 PM |

links
archives