Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Sunday, September 19, 2004  

My Art

If I could draw and paint as well as I'd like, this is what my art might look like:




Shana Blue from a photo I took last night, and Shana Red below. Forgive me for saying so, but I think these are beautiful, and I wish I had only been able to draw and paint them. That would be something!

This is what I'm talking about when I hold up exemplars of perfect creative beauty like Da Vinci, Bach, or Shakespeare. This picture is not romantic realism as the blogad linked at Instapundit is (link above takes you there).

This is simply Beauty as God created it: pure, simple, lovely. Sweetness and light (without the sweet being treacly or maudlin). That's what I think, anyway. I hope you agree. If not, well, I could always be wrong.


posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:19 AM |

links
archives