Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Tuesday, September 07, 2004  

I Get Freudian

To do a little armchair analyzing myself, let's look at John Kerry's subconscious mind for a second.

In West Virginia, Cecil Roberts, president of the United Mine Workers of America, gave Kerry a rifle as a gift. Kerry, a self-described gun-owner and hunter, quipped: "I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me."


I tend to the belief that what we say reveals something about ourselves, often in ways we don't expect.

Clearly, Kerry is trying to make a joke, and is kidding around, but the interesting thing about kidding is not how lame and witless it usually is, but that it often exposes strong, underlying feelings.

Kerry does not want to kill Bush. That's not the point he's making. What he's actually saying is that he hates Bush. That he has great animosity, a violent hostility toward Bush. He doesn't just see Bush as an opponent and adversary in a contest (as Bush sees him) -- he sees Bush as a true enemy.

I expect that after Nov. when he has lost badly, that Kerry will be joining the ranks with Al Gore (see blog below) in a permanent hatefest and circle jerk of bile.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:53 PM |

links
archives