Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Tuesday, September 21, 2004  

Apres la deluge

Sacramento had a sudden rainstorm yesterday that dropped 1.93 inches of rain in less than an hour. I have never seen such a rainstorm in my life.

Thunderclouds moved overhead with rumblings and lightning and then let go. The rain came down in cats and dogs, as heavy as I've ever seen it rain, and then chimpanzees and wild boars began to add to the menagerie as the rainfall fell even more heavily; something I didn't know was possible. Then alligators and elephants, whales, and sailing ships began falling out of the clouds along with hail. It was Forrest Gump rain where the rain not only falls down but falls up!

I have never seen it rain so hard. The drain pipes of the gutters were gushing a thick stream of water.

For those who know and love Corti Bros. grocery store, they suffered a collapse of part of their roof and had to close for repairs for a few days. Many intersections were flooded, and cars in underground garages sunk and ruined.

I wish I took some pictures to see if I could capture the deluge but I didn't think about it until it was too late.

Now I understand better what it's been like elsewhere when people get inches of rain in an hour and it keeps going. What a helpless feeling as the fear increases that it won't stop and it will destroy your poor shelter and all your necessary goods.

I guess it's good we got new rooves (roofs?) for our garage and house not too long ago.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:24 AM |

links
archives