Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, August 23, 2004  

Today's Quote:

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.

Howard Aiken (1900 - 1973)

Hoo boy, is that ever the truth. People used to warn me about having my work copyrighted so that no one could steal it. I'd tell them that I could only wish someone would steal my work and promote it.

It's a bit like the man who claimed he could not be bought at any price. I would dream that I was important enough to bribe; or "sell out" so that I could cry all the way to the bank.

People in this context, of course, only steal what they understand, and what most people understand generally falls short of both originality and real value.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:15 PM |

links
archives