Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, June 05, 2004  

R.I.P.

He will never credited with brilliance, but the fact is, Ronald Reagan was not only a great man, but he had a great mind. A great mind is not one of cleverness, cunning, or waggish wit -- it is of having the truth and knowing how, why, and where to apply it.

Reagan was loved because he was American in a way that Americans love. He was John Wayne as President. (And no one has been more loved than Wayne by Americans.) George Bush is closer to that than any other present pol, and suffers accordingly in the media because of it.

I wish I could have appreciated Reagan when I was younger, but I was a fool then.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 4:23 PM |

links
archives