Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Wednesday, April 07, 2004  

Broader band

Just switched from Comcast cable modem to Sure West fiberoptics for TV, computer, and phone. I'll be changing my email address as soon as I have my new one set.

I can't say that I notice a huge increase in speed, but there is some.

The fact is, I have hated cable companies for years. Lousy service, high costs, bundled channels (most which I don't want and don't want to pay for), and constant rate increases above inflation indexes.

I'm hoping that Sure West will not be so quick to increase rates as Comcast has, but you can't really trust 'em, can you? Well, the old cable is still there, and since I'm not seeing a huge difference in quality and features I can always switch back.

I can order new release movies from home now for the same price as Blockbuster, though. I have 24 hours to watch the movie as often as I like, and I can pause, reverse and fast forward through the box. Quite remarkable.

Oh yes, I have about 100 more TV channels that I won't be watching.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:33 PM |

links
archives