Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Thursday, November 06, 2003  

Let's burn Joan of Arcardia

I saw about twenty minutes of this TV show and tuned out. I hated it. One review complained that it made God out to be a (liberal) high school guidance counselor. Exactly.

But this woman thinks it's better than that: "...The new show, Joan of Arcadia -- from my former RCIA student Barbara Hall - oh, did I let that slip? -- has been picked up by CBS for a full 22 episodes. Joan has won its timeslot every week since its debut. I lurk on a yahoo group of mostly 12-20 year old girls who love the show, and I am very encouraged by the discussion the show incites in their largely uincatechized little souls. The show is particularly good for such as these."

I never would have thought to go lurking like that, but it's a way to find out what kids think. I know lots of Ad people lurk (and instigate) in such places for the products they're pushing.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:20 AM |

links
archives