Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Wednesday, November 05, 2003  

Kid anecdotes

Whenever I read Lileks, I get mushy about little kids (how I miss little ones). So I recalled this story.

When my daughter was about seven, my brother and father showed up to visit. We took them to dinner where my brother ordered a beer from the list. He then looked across the booth at my daughter, and teased, "How about one for you?"

Without batting an eyelash, she replied, "No thanks. They don't have the kind I like here."

Oh, man how I laughed. (Chuckled really, laughed hard later.) What a comeuppance to a smartass (that's my bro). Seven years old! The wit was immediate, and her tone was dry and completely matter of fact. She never cracked a smile. Talk about a proud father.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:41 AM |

links
archives