Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Thursday, November 06, 2003  

I told you so, didn't I? Didn't I!

This Townhall article echoes what I've been preaching, for years - TV is bad for people. Especially children.

I have been saying that if we could do one thing to positively change the world (or this country) all we have to do is ban advertsing from electronic media (and restrict its formats in print media - like to a few font sizes, a few colors, and no models of people). Commercial speech is not protected speech the same as political or religious speech.

I wonder why priests and ministers don't teach their congregations to get along without TV. I have heard a few preach about it, but mostly in passing.

I find myself having less patience for TV shows. I hate the passivity. I want to interact in some way. I like the Internet. I control what I see and read, and can respond to it here or in emails.

I prefer to tape shows including sports so that I can zip through the commercials, or the content.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 2:24 PM |

links
archives