Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, May 25, 2002  

A Welborn Mind

I confess that I read Amy Welborn's blog religiously (link on the right). I skim a fair amount since I can only bear so much scandal at a time (and complaints about liturgical excesses or stupidities wear me out after awhile, too. Been there. Done that.). But she has a hilarious blog about a priest and his new home that is tres amusant.

I say amusing because as I have resigned from the RCC (so to speak - once a Catholic always a Catholic - isn't that what they say?), I find such egregiously unChristian behavior in the church more amusing to me now than before.

I have to laugh because I know very well about this sort of thing. Athough the priests sex scandals are horrendous to me, I have been aware of a variety of financial scandals that will propbably never be addressed in the church. I have seen it in my own parish a misuse of money that would shame the Dishonest Steward of Jesus' parable.

If Amy keeps up her focus on scandals of one sort or another in the church, she will eventually find herself in my company - outside, shaking her head in bemused sorrow.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:41 AM |

links
archives