Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Thursday, May 16, 2002  

Heaven Anyone?

Peter Kreeft has a website, but sad to say, it's not interactive. He will not respond to e-mail - so, it's all about him, isn't it?!

I read a lot of his books as a baby Catholic, but his ideas of heaven are not so far from mine, but the difference is more than an iota and I would love to uh, correct his logic in many areas. Not possible, though. In fact. I'm probably one of the few people in the world qualified to argue with him about heaven (among other things, but let's stick to that).

Now, I have benefited from his speculations and reasoning, but he shall get no benefit from mine because he has no time for me.

The worst excuse in all of humanity is this - I'm too busy.

We have very few essential tasks in this world - get some food, clothing, and shelter; provide for a family (if we choose to have one), and devote our lives to prayer and knowing God. Exactly where does busyness insinuate itself into all of this? In other words, to do the above it is not essential to be overwhelmed with being busy. Simplify. Just simplify.

In fact, weren't we told, "seek first the kingdom of heaven, and all these things will be added unto you." Worked for me.

So I can't recommend his site other than as a reference to his works (a crass commercial plug to sell his books - while I am exaltingly above such things - see link to my book at Amazon on the right!)

If anyone knows Peter, though, and can get a message through, tell him there's a kid on the blog who's sayin' he's pretty fast on the syllogism and analog and is lookin' to question your premises.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 4:38 PM |

links
archives