Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, April 22, 2002  

Psalm for a Sunny Day

Fallen petals of California poppies
rest on earth like small shards of orange light
with text written on them saying, "Behold,
I give this color and its light to Man."

A maroon rose scents the air with lush perfume
proclaiming, "I am beautiful to know."

A gingko tree splays leafy arms at heaven
and sings, "I wave these banners for your joy."

Somewhere a child is crying out to God for love.

Mt. Shasta sheds her winter coat and calls,
"Climb these rocky, brown slopes and touch clouds."

Everywhere the Earth is shining, singing,
"I give this color and its light to you.
I give this motion and this wave to you.
I give this music and eternity to you."

Somewhere a child finds God and love in prayer.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 12:42 PM |

links
archives