Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Monday, April 29, 2002  

Clear Thinking

Good blogs today at Minute Particulars (link on the right); especially the one on confessional prose. He compares Augustine and Sullivan in their style and find Andy sorely lacking. I must agree. I have had some experience with celibacy both when single and later in life; and while when young, I was more a case of needing to marry rather than burn, I lacked faith and truth to help guide me, being purely at the mercy of my own desires and fears.

Even then, I can't say I found that loneliness I felt to be as neurotic and nervous as Sullivan seems to have. I have some confidence that with guidance and faith I could have weathered those years without great difficulty. I think many people do.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 11:33 AM |

links
archives