Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Wednesday, April 24, 2002  

An Astonishing Sonnet

A million years ago I was a thought;
a kind of dream of One who is, was, shall.
A million years from now I'll have been wrought
perfectly in His lovely cathedral.
Is there a doubt His will shall not be done?
It is accomplished even now. How looks
at me in backward glance when time has run
it's course. My joy 's already in His books.
He knew me before my birth, and knew the place
He'd put me and extract me from. My shame
is when I lose the thread of His warm grace
and falter, wounded in my thoughts, and lame.
A million years ago I was a shall;
destined to be a living cathedral.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:49 PM |

links
archives