Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Saturday, March 16, 2002  

Government by a Person

From Debra Saunders at the SF Chronicle"A funny thing happened to Gov. Gray Davis' effort to paint GOP rival Bill Simon as an extremist nut bag.
Davis opened his mouth.
This is what he told the San Diego Union-Tribune editorial board last week.
Davis said of the energy crisis: "This is like a war. This is worse than being in Vietnam. This is a full-out war against me."
And: "I kept the lights on. And this sounds a little presumptuous, but I think I should get a round of applause. I don't get squat."
Asked if he panicked when he agreed to pricey long-term electricity contracts, which he is now trying to break, Davis answered, "If I didn't panic,
you wouldn't be able to put out your paper. I saved this friggin' paper. I kept the lights on in this state. Do you understand that? I kept the lights on. "
"Worse than Vietnam?" "A full-out war against me?" Did somebody steal Capt. Queeg's strawberries? "

posted by Mark Butterworth | 1:54 PM |

links
archives