Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Tuesday, June 07, 2005  

If I'm so smart, why aren't I President of the USA?

So John Kerry averaged a 77 and Bush a 76 at Yale.
What a couple of numbskulls. I could have done that with both hands tied, my eyes covered, and ears plugged.

I averaged a 3.75 my last two years while I was working two jobs, was sick and receiving weekly treatment, was depressed (because of being sick) and had little time to study while I was trying to master a language, Latin, which requires quite a bit of study.

I also, of course, had to do my own housecleaning, cooking, and laundry. Did I mention I was desperately poor and missed many meals?

Which all goes to prove that the race does not always go to the swiftest.

My daughter is averaging a 4.0 after two years in college. I guess she should be made Queen of the World.

And, oh yes, don't suggest that Yale or Harvard is a tougher school. I've met and heard enough grads to know that it isn't any tougher than most other schools.

Kerry is an incredibly dim bulb, though, and it shows. Howard Dean probably went to some ritzy schools, too, earned a medical degree and has to be one of the stupidest men on earth.

I am disappointed in Bush, though. Even a party boy with a first class mind can do better than average when coasting.

I don't know how much high academic performance matters in leadership, but dim witted performances can't be good.

I guess the axiom holds about those seeking authority are disqualified due to their desire, while those who are smart enough not to want power ought to have it (but don't because they aren't ambitious).

What a backwards world we live in.

posted by Mark Butterworth | 10:30 AM |

links
archives